Forums
Fatal Shadows :: Forums :: Public :: General Discussion Public

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Visited Foundry 42 Yesterday (Squadron 42 / Star Citizen UK Studio)
Moderators: admin, Shaft, Jarod, Static, Flash, Telengo, KNYSBART, Sugar
Author Post
Dementia
Sat, May 10 2014, 04:58pm
Registered Member #170

Greeting Shadows,
I visited the Foundry 42 office near Manchester this yesterday, along with 4 other people from different organisations. Erin (Chris Robert's brother, and the guy running the UK studio) was with us for about 3 hours taking us around many of the guys there. Got to see a lot of awesome stuff including stuff that no one else outside of CIG (Cloud Imperium Games) has seen yet.

These guys are seriously dedicated and the detail level they're going to for the game is unlike anything else I've ever seen. Had a quick play on the dog fighting module while there and it's coming along pretty well, just a few things they need to sort out before they can release it (the single player anyway, the multiplayer will be staged based on citizen number to avoid it collapsing under the load).

If anyone has any questions please ask.

Also, I have a number of Aurora LNs (a slightly upgraded version of the base ship, and what I'll be starting the game with myself) I'm willing to sell below cost. These include alpha access which is no longer available (anyone buying their first ship package now will have to buy access to each module separately). If anyone is interested give me a shout.

Regards,
Mithious
Dementia
Sat, May 10 2014, 05:09pm
Registered Member #170

To provide more information on the offer, the Aurora LN is priced at $45.00 on the store, this equates to £26.70. After taking into account the actual exchange rate, and the non sterling transaction fees they cost me over £30 each.

Shadows can have them for £20 each (bank transfer only, don't have paypal). As it includes alpha access you wont need to pay $5 for each module pass.

Disclaimer: If you accept this offer you cont be counted as a backer for the purposes of backer only rewards from stretch goals, if you want these you'll need to also buy a $5 skin or something yourself from the store.
ColinR
Wed, May 14 2014, 12:07pm
Registered Member #70

My brother went for a job at Frontier, saw loads of stuff, but didn't get the job (he doesn't have a background in games, more industrial stuff interfacing with machines), but the agency put him forward for it, so he went out of nosiness more than expecting to get the job.
Website
Static
Sat, May 17 2014, 10:22am
FS R&D

Registered Member #6

That sounds like a fun day out... I'm jealous
Should you be posting this on a public forum though?
Dementia
Sat, May 17 2014, 11:16am
Registered Member #170

I don't think I have any access to private forums here, plus I'm not going to give away anything I know they wouldn't want me to
Static
Sat, May 17 2014, 04:17pm
FS R&D

Registered Member #6

You should have said something... I've given you member access.
And as long as your not gona get in trouble with the powers that be then that's fine by me

I'll stick to my freelancer though, it will probably be a pig to fly but i like the look and feel of the thing

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF